Wants to know how to change your WhatsApp number?
The instant messaging app is our favorite tool for fast and secure communication. It lets you send free text, voice, and video messages to the recipients residing anywhere in the world. Voice calling is another main advantage of WhatsApp and allows you to make calls without paying anything to the operator.
A mobile number is required to create a WhatsApp account. It will appear on your profile and others can use it to contact you. What will do if you changed the old number to a new one? Is it possible to change your number on WhatsApp?
In this very short guide, we will tell you how to change your WhatsApp number.
Changing your WhatsApp number (Android & iPhone)
1. Open WhatsApp on your iPhone or Android first. Tap ‘three dots’ icon from the top-right corner of your screen and choose ‘Settings’.
2. Click on ‘Accounts’ menu.
3. Choose ‘Change number’ option from the newly opened screen.
4. Make sure that you have access to the new number at this moment. WhatsApp will send a confirmation code to verify your number which you need to enter in the corresponding box to proceed further. Changing WhatsApp number will not affect your existing chats and groups anyway. They will remain in your account as usual.
Enter your present and new mobile numbers. Again, click on Next.
5. Confirm your changes and notify contacts if needed.
6. You will get a verification code on the new number very soon. WhatsApp will automatically fetch the information if the number is inserted on the same phone. Otherwise, you should insert the code in the text box.
On successful confirmation, you will get a prompt like this.
It is a confirmation for the number change. Visit your WhatsApp profile and your new number should appear there.