Airpods are wireless Bluetooth earbuds, developed by Apple Inc, to play audio files and make phone calls. They are mainly designed for the iPhone and iPad. Launched first in last 2016, Airpod’s latest versions are compatible with Apple Siri to operate with voice commands.
Airpods also supports a wide range of devices like Mac, Windows PC, and Android phones. But keep in mind that the device you want to pair with the Apple gadget should have Bluetooth capabilities.
Today, we’ll tell you how to connect your Airpods to Windows and Mac PCs.
How to Connect Airpods to a Windows PC
1. Make sure that your Airpods are not connected to the iPhone. Fully charge and keep them in the case.
2. In Windows PC, click on the Start menu and tap the gear icon from the left-end to open Settings. Alternatively, you can type ‘settings’ in the search box.
3. Click on Devices
4. Turn on Bluetooth first. Then, choose ‘Add Bluetooth or other device’ option on the top. A pop-up window will open. Select ‘Bluetooth from the list.
5. Open Airpods’ case lid. Press and hold its setup button (backside) until the white color status light starts blinking.
6. Airpods should appear in the list of available devices now. Click on it to connect. Windows will pair with Airpods and show a confirmation message on the screen.
How to Connect Airpods to Mac
1. Make sure that your Airpods are not connected to the iPhone presently.
2. In Mac, Open the Apple menu, followed by System Preferences and Bluetooth.
3. By keeping Airpods in the case, open the lid. Press and hold its Setup button on the back until the white color status light starts to blink
4. Now Airpods will appear among the pairable devices list on Mac. Choose it and click Connect. Wait a moment to get the confirmation message.